- Predominant Religion in South Asia. Hinduism is formed of diverse tradition and has no single founder. Hinduism, is the world’s third largest religion with more than a billion adherents and approximately 1 billion live in Inda.
The followers of this religionis primarily found in India.
- Africa: 1 475 000
- Asia: 728 118 000
- Europe: 704 000
- Latin America: 884 000
- Northern America: 1 269 000
- Oceania: 360 000
- Eurasia: 2 000
- Hinduism started from India and diffused to Nepal, and then travelled throughout the world.
Universal or Ethnic?
- Hinduism is considered as an ethnic religion. Because Hindus do not attempt to convert people into their religion.
Monotheistic or Polytheistic?
- Hinduism is polytheistic but it is also could be considered as henothestic. Because it is involving devotion to a single god but also accept the existence of other god/goddesses.
- hinduism is formed of diverse traditions and has no single founder.
- Bhagavad Gita
- Bhagwad Gita
- Srimad Bhagvadam
- Sanskirt Upanisha
Doctrine: (need to explain what these main doctrines are)
Hindu calendar has 5 properties called angas:
- The titni active at sunrise
- vaasara is weekday
- nakshatra is when the moon resides all
- the yoga is the eclipse when then sun and moon is on the same line
- The karana is active at sunrise
- The temples
- Outdoor public space
- Hindu symbols usually signify hindu concepts, the attributes, or the gods or goddesses themselves.
- Follow a caste system which determines the standing of each person